Oct 31, 2011

Maven Monday

Finally broke down and bought me a French press for my loose leaf teas. No coffee thanks, just like the way it smells. Although..


..their idea of a 3-cup press is much smaller than mine. Turned out to be more of a travel size.


See? No loose leaf tea to be seen. This tea was quite scrumptious too..


Enjoying these now. Had tasted but never purchased. Whole grain. Easy. Does not disappoint. Add a pinch of salt, flax or chia seeds, and coconut to the batter. Lather with your favorite peanut butter, tad of Biscoff and drizzle with Vermont syrup=very lovely. 


I found these next to the applesauce at the store and thought it would make an easy addition to my son's lunch sack. Ah..er, well..he's a teenager and he finished it in one gulp. Would be much better for a 3-6 year old. Kosher certified. Gluten free. Ingredients: apple, cinnamon. Although, I am wondering what the 0.1% is??


Recent guilty pleasure this way -->

Chicken sausage sandwich on (gulp)..white bread. I piled on extra, extra lettuce & tomato to make me feel better about it ;)



The culprit is shown on the right. 

Happy Halloween!

Come on and say it!

  1. I bought a french press for coffee. Mine never came out the same as when I had it in the restaurants and it was more to clean up than reg. coffee pot coffe. I gave it up but it is good for making a nice creamy sauce -no lumps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never have thought to use a french press for tea. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The idea of a French Press for tea is brilliant! I wouldn't worry too much about the white bread...every once in a while it tastes amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great tea and i used to give those all the time to Jasmine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joanne: For sauces?..good idea

    Ann: Hah..I'm not. Just kiddin ;)

    Mom Rimmy: :)

    Rebecca: They do taste good

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking sandwich...and I love your plate. Also love the idea of a French press for tea...I'm sipping on a cup right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I buy that applesauce for myself -- it's great for long runs when I need a little fuel and an energy boost.

    ReplyDelete
  8. French press for tea - good idea. I just use a little strainer when I pour.... love the sandwich!

    ReplyDelete

Come on and say it!