Hearty. Healthy. It just plain, tastes good.
I don't just eat breakfast because... it breaks-the-fast by making me feel just full enough to avoid other foods later in the morning that I know are no good for me, or that it keeps me from getting a headache & being grouchy with my family, or because it gives me the needed nourishment to sustain an hour long cycling class.
I eat it because, it tastes good.
Breakfast like a King.
Lunch like a Prince.
Dinner like a Pauper.
It sooo works.
For me, anyway.
Egg sandwich w/sausage, lettuce & tomato
- 2 whole grain English muffins
- 2 large eggs, scrambled w/2 Tbsp skim milk
- olive oil
- 1 c lettuce/spinach mix
- 1/2 c sliced grape tomatoes
- 2 sausage patties, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Split muffin and toast a whole grain English muffin.
2. With just a drizzle of olive oil in a pan over medium heat, cook 2 sausage patties until done. Wipe out the pan, and add another smidgen of olive oil, and fry 2 eggs w/a dash of salt, pepper, and 2 Tbsp milk, to desired doneness.
3. Place 1/2 of lettuce mix and 1/4 c tomatoes on one side of the English muffin. Add eggs, and sprinkle chopped sausage on top. Add the rest of the lettuce and tomatoes.
4. Serve with salsa, if you're from Texas ;)